We’re hiring a Conference Producer
At Sense Media, we’re changing the way our customers reach and engage with their audience.
Our conferences are the flagships of our presence in the market, but our activity extends deeply via training and workshops, networking meet ups, research projects, career development, technology demos and more.
As the world’s first events dedicated to bringing the organisations and experts in autonomous vehicle sensor technology together, we have built strong relationships with organisations of all shapes and sizes, across this very specialised sector.
But we aren’t stopping there. We’re taking our expertise in the sector and launching new products and services, from recruitment fairs, to networking meetups. Our latest product launch caters for the most advanced technologies in the healthcare sector – the forefront of cancer detection and treatment, diagnostic and surgical assistance for the most challenging patient groups.
We are looking for someone passionate about hi-tech healthcare to build on the strong foundations laid by the first edition of this conference and grow the event and product suite into a comprehensive support network for industry technical experts and new entrants alike.
As our new Conference Producer, you’ll work with our MD to create the agenda for our largest conference in autonomous vehicle technology (the hottest technology topic of the last 2 years), and work closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues to drive revenue and hit sales targets. You’ll have the opportunity to carve out a niche for yourself as the talisman of our operations in the healthcare sector as we expand the Sense Media business to the next level.
Closing date: Tuesday 24 January
Job title: Conference Producer
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week, work at home 4 days per week
Salary: £24-£26k (£27-30k OTE)
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Strong research skills and attention to detail, aptitude to understand complex supply chains, quick learner, good listener.
- You will have a natural interest in new technology (in particular, automotive and healthcare), and always keen to learn.
- Previous experience of organising/running live events is essential – ideally B2B in our industry, but we’re open minded if the right person comes along
- Understanding of elements required for producing a conference agenda
- You’ll be a great communicator, written and verbal, with an infectious enthusiasm for your work.
- You will have a can-do attitude, autonomous, problem solver who works well under your own initiative. Flexible approach to work, life and a positive attitude – each day is different at a start-up!
- We’ll expect you to be confident on the phone, able to work unsupervised at home most of the time (3-4 days per week), but also able to travel in the UK and abroad. Most of us are based in Surrey, and when the time is right (in 2017) we plan to open an office in the Gatwick Diamond area.
- Degrees in science / engineering a strong advantage but not essential – we don’t expect you to be an engineer, but we need you to be able to understand what makes them tick.
- An eye for design and an interest in branding would be an advantage.
- Topic research with support from MD and event Advisory Boards
- Crafting agendas with strong narrative, and unique angle vs competitors
- Identification, approach, recruitment and relationship management of target speakers
- Building relationships with relevant industry groups, associations and regulators
- Writing blog content, marketing copy, and social media posts to engage target audience (you’ll be supported by an experienced marketing team)
- Onsite management of speakers, presentations, and support Operations and Marketing in specifying AV and event look and feel
- Identification and segmentation of sponsorship prospects, briefing of sales manager
- Manage budget for speaker expenses, and track overall project spend
- Running small networking meet ups, presenting about the conferences and our company’s activities
- Undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position as allocated by line manager from time to time.
Join the team
If you’d like to learn more about joining Sense Media as the Conference Producer, please send your CV and a cover note to Robert Stead, Managing Director at Sense Media Events