Join us as the Recruitment Sales Executive
At Sense Media, we’re changing the way our customers reach and engage with their audience.
As one of the world’s first events dedicated to bringing the organisations and experts in sensor-technology in the automobile industry together, we have built strong relationships with organisations of all shapes and sizes, across this very specialised sector.
But we aren’t stopping there. We’re taking our expertise in the sector and launching a new recruitment platform with market leading technology.
As our first Recruitment Sales Executive, you will act as account manager, you will pull on your entrepreneurial talent and tenacity to drive revenue and hit advertising sales targets. We will expect you to grow in to the role and progress quickly, and be hungry to build your own team when the time comes.
You’ll be a great story-teller – as both we and our clients have great stories to tell – with the flair to spot opportunities and effectively engage the community in the value of our solutions, whether they are online ads, sponsorship opportunities or event-based opportunities.
You’ll do this through developing new business, managing face-to-face meetings to understand clients’ recruitment advertising and branding requirements, and selling solutions.
This fast-paced, demanding sales role will suit someone who thrives on developing revenue not just through hard work but also through intelligent thinking. You may be keen to broaden into a different sector specialism, or are someone who is currently working within recruitment media sales or publishing and are ready to take a step up.
With superb written and verbal communication skills you’ll be a passionate advocate of our brand and what it represents.
Closing date: Tuesday 24 January
Job title: Recruitment Sales Executive
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week, work at home 4 days per week
Salary: £22-£25k (£25-30k OTE)
Reporting to: Managing Director
- You must have at least 1 year of recruitment media sales experience using the Madgex recruitment platform or another leading platform.
- You have an interest in new technology (in particular, electronics), and always be keen to learn.
- You’ll be a great communicator, written and verbal, with an infectious enthusiasm for your work. Aptitude to understand complex supply chains, quick learner, good listener.
- You will have a can-do attitude, autonomous, problem solver who works well under your own initiative. Flexible approach to work, life and a positive attitude – each day is different at a start-up! You’ll be entrepreneurial, with a desire to influence and improve our commercial business, and identify new opportunities.
- We’ll expect you to be confident on the phone, able to work unsupervised at home (full time initially, then 2-3 days per week), but also willing and able to travel in the UK and abroad. We are all based in Surrey, and when the time is right (in 2017) we plan to open an office in the Gatwick Diamond area.
- You might have a degree in science / engineering and a second language (German ideally) but not essential – we don’t expect you to be an engineer, but we need you to be able to understand what makes them tick.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail, and an eye for design, branding would be an advantage too.
- Sales of recruitment advertising space to end-clients and agencies via our online industry-specific portal
- On-going development and improvement of commercial activities
- Responding and resolving client queries
- Analysis and optimisation of advertisements and copy
- Processing and uploading advertisements and other related content onto the online portal
- Recruitment research and up-sell of additional online and event recruitment services
- Regular client contact on phone and face-to-face at events
- Writing marketing and social media copy to engage target audience (you’ll be supported by an experienced marketing team)
- Identification and segmentation of prospects, working alongside our Business Development Manager for opportunities in our parallel products and services, including events.
- Undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position as allocated by line manager from time to time.
Join the team
If you’d like to learn more about joining Sense Media as the Recruitment Sales Executive, please send your CV and a cover note to Robert Stead, Managing Director at Sense Media Events