We’re hiring a Research Analyst
As a Research Analyst, you will lead a new research project to develop a concept and investigate the feasibility of one particular technology aspect relating to driverless / autonomous vehicles. Starting with a loose scope, researching, writing and reporting, with the aim of securing funding to take the project to the next stage of R&D. Alongside a transition project which may lead you into an exciting new more hands-on-career in consulting or R&D, we aim to build upon this role and develop a respected consultancy practice, maintaining the highest integrity of our brand family for what we hope will become an exciting new activity within our dynamic young company.
At Sense Media, we’re changing the way our customers reach and engage with their audience.
As the world’s first events dedicated to bringing the organisations and experts in sensor-tech in automobile industry together, we have built strong relationships with organisations of all shapes and sizes, across this very specialised sector.
But we aren’t stopping there. We’re taking our expertise in the sector and launching new products and services, from recruitment, professional training, networking meetups, research and development, outreach, education and consultancy.
Closing date: 17 February
Interviews w/c: 27 February
Job title: Research Analyst
Hours: 12 month contract, Full time 37.5 hours per week, 60-90% homeworking
Reporting to: Head of New Projects
- Degrees in science / engineering a strong advantage, along with at least 2 years of academic or commercial research experience and a good understanding of connected, autonomous vehicles and vehicle perception.
- You will have a natural interest in new technology (in particular driverless vehicles), and always keen to learn. You’ll be a great communicator, written and verbal, with an infectious enthusiasm for your work. You will have a can-do attitude, problem solver who works well under your own initiative.
- We’ll expect you to be confident on the phone, able to work unsupervised at home most of the time (3-4 days per week), but also able to occasionally travel in the UK and abroad in support of your work and the company’s related activities. Most of us are based in Surrey, and will open an office in the Gatwick Diamond area in 2017.
- Over the course of 12 months, you will lead the research and conduct a feasibility study on one particular aspect of autonomous vehicle technology R&D.
- The role is a fixed 12 month contract though our aspiration is to develop a professional consultancy practice, with the incumbent as our first permanent recruit in this new business.
- Build relationships with relevant industry groups, associations and commercial organisations in the UK and abroad to complete this project.
- Writing research and project reports, as well as taking an active role in disseminating the project findings to a wider audience both online and at events (you’ll be supported by an experienced marketing team)
- Undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position as allocated by line manager from time to time.
Join the team
If you’d like to learn more about joining Sense Media as the Research Analyst, please send your CV and a cover note to Alex Lawrence-Berkeley, Head of New Projects at Sense Media Events