We’re hiring a Project and Event Operations Manager
At Sense Media, we’re changing the way our customers reach and engage with their audience.
Our conferences are the flagships of our presence in the market, but our activity extends deeply via training and workshops, networking meet ups, research projects, career development, technology demos and more.
As the world’s first events dedicated to bringing the organisations and experts in autonomous vehicle sensor technology together, we have built strong relationships with organisations of all shapes and sizes, across this very specialised sector.
But we aren’t stopping there. We’re taking our expertise in the sector and launching new products and services, from recruitment fairs, to networking meetups. Our latest product launch caters for the most advanced technologies in the healthcare sector – the forefront of cancer detection and treatment, diagnostic and surgical assistance for the most challenging patient groups.
As our new Project and Event Operations Manager you will manage the logistics and operations aspects of all Sense Media events, as we expand the business to the next level – from 30 person meet ups to 350-person conference, exhibition and awards.
Are you the uber-organised, creative, customer-focused star we want to welcome to the team this year?
Closing date: 24 February
Job title: Project and Event Operations Manager
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week, work at home 2-3 days per week
Salary: £24-£26k (£27-31k OTE)
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Resourceful approach, strong supplier vetting and negotiation skills, high level of attention to detail
- Experience of running the operational function (onsite logistics, supplier contracts and pre-event organisation) for large B2B conferences, exhibitions, and awards ceremonies or equivalent
- You’ll be a real people person, very customer focused while confident in your and your company’s position
- Uber-organised, a true multitasker, you’ll be comfortable keeping on top of 10 or more different events of varying sizes and at different stages of their life-cycle
- You will have a can-do attitude, be an autonomous problem solver who works well under your own initiative. Flexible approach to work, life and a positive attitude are essential – each day is different at a start-up!
- You’ll love travelling both in the UK and internationally, we have something going on every month whether it’s a 2-hour meet up or a 4-day conference and exhibition. Most of us are based in Surrey, in the next few months we plan to open an office in the Gatwick Diamond area
- An interest in new technology would be helpful, and always keen to learn about and be involved in implementing the latest events technology, software and systems
- Full onsite logistics and operations responsibility – ensuring events run smoothly, customers are happy and suppliers are delivering on their promises
- Contract specification and negotiation – sourcing venues and other suppliers to meet budget, deadline and quality expectations, as well as legal compliance
- Cost tracking for all projects (working with admin support and Project Manager) – forecasting and flagging variation from budget
- Pre-event liaison with other project roles (internal and external) ensuring all parties are engaged with operations elements and aware of responsibilities
- Creation and oversight of onsite logistics plan coordinating suppliers, staff and customer requirements in a tightly run schedule
- Work with Administrative Systems Manager on set up for delegate registration process and sponsor and exhibitor fulfilment
- Undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position as allocated by line manager from time to time
Join the team
If you’d like to learn more about joining Sense Media as the Project and Event Operations Manager, please send your CV and a cover note to Robert Stead, Managing Director at Sense Media Events