We’re hiring an Event Marketing Executive
At Sense Media, we pride ourselves on our employee-focused culture. We invest in our employees work life balance and ensure everyone comes into the office (or sits working at home) with a smile on their face ready to embrace the day ahead. Our office sits quietly in a converted barn on a working farm in the middle of leafy sussex, we’re a 10 minute drive into Horsham town centre and a 5 minute drive to the local Tesco supermarket.
Our conferences are the flagships of our presence in the market, but our activity extends deeply via tutorial classes, in-depth industry discussions, hands-on technology demos and more. AutoSens’ core value is placed in the growth of the community of engineers and scientists at the heart of autonomous vehicles development.
As the world’s foremost events dedicated to bringing the organisations and experts in autonomous vehicle sensor technology together (www.auto-sens.com), we have built strong relationships with organisations of all shapes and sizes, across this very specialised sector.
As Event Marketing Executive with creative flair and a good eye for detail you’ll be a great story-teller – informing the engineers of the future why they need to be at our events.
With superb written and verbal communication skills you’ll be a passionate advocate of our brand and what it represents.
Closing date: Friday 29 November 2019
Job title: Event Marketing Executive
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week, work at home 2 days per week
Salary: £28-£31k, depending on experience
Reporting to: Marketing Director
- You will have a natural interest in new technology (in particular, automotive), and always keen to learn. You’ll be a great communicator, written and verbal, with an infectious enthusiasm for your work.
- Good knowledge of B2B social media marketing, email best practice, SEO and web design
- If you’ve marketed B2B conferences, or done business in Asia before that would be a huge benefit (but not essential.) Mandarin language skills would also be a hugely beneficial, but again not a deal breaker for the right person
- You will have a can-do attitude, an autonomous problem solver who works well under your own initiative and a flexible approach to work, life and a positive attitude – each day is different at a start-up!
- Passionate communicator, quick learner and all round positive attitude
- Strong research skills and attention to detail, and an eye for design
- Degrees in science / engineering a strong advantage but not essential – we don’t expect you to be an engineer, but we need you to be able to work out what makes them tick.
- Previous experience of marketing is desirable – ideally B2B in our industry, but we’re open minded if the right person comes along with a Degree in Cheesemaking, 2 years of selling out conference tickets and speaking German, they have a great chance.
- Implementing the annual Marketing Plan for the suite of AutoSens events (www.auto-sens.com) – including:
- Updating content on event website on WordPress including event details, registration pages, adding articles and updating adhoc pages/content whilst optimising for SEO
- Working with external designers to create marketing collateral for new and existing events – also includes briefing for signage artwork, print adverts and any other design requirements
- Creation, copywriting and fulfilment of regular email marketing activity using HubSpot Email tool
- Partnerships: fulfilling agreements with partners as well as desk research & outreach to potential new beneficial partners
- Photoshop: Creation of social images, online banners for partners and adhoc design needs whilst working alongside our brand guidelines
- Market research and data management: data segmentation and lists management – working closely in our CRM HubSpot ensuring data is up to date and clean
- Media and social media: Finding relevant news stories in the press & republishing them on social media. In addition to posting social announcements, speaker interviews and sponsor editorials. We use HubSpot to manage this centrally.
- LinkedIn and Google Advertising where required
- Updating reporting tracker including gathering data from google analytics, social media reporting and hubspot marketing reports
- Attending regular project team meetings to provide update of marketing activity to date and planned
- Presenting post-event data & conclusions to project team after the event
- Attending the conferences in Detroit, Brussels & Hong Kong to assist with event operations. Other duties will also include set-up, check-in desk, press events & social media management onsite.
- Undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position as allocated by line manager from time to time.
Skills & Experience
- B2B event marketing experience is essential
- Essential experience in Microsoft Office and good overall computer skills
- Experience using WYSIWYG email marketing functionality
- Proof reading and attention to detail
- Beginning to Intermediate photoshop skills
- Social Media including LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook for B2B marketing
- Use of WordPress for CMS would be desirable but not essential
- Use of HubSpot for CRM would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of marketing events in Asia would also be desirable
Join the team
If you’d like to learn more about joining Sense Media as the Event Marketing Executive, please send your CV and a cover note to Sophie West, Marketing Director at Sense Media Events